What are cookies?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. A cookie will typically hold:
1. The name of the website that it has come from.
2. How long the cookie will stay on your computer or phone.
3. A value – usually a randomly generated unique number.
How long do cookies stay on a computer?
Session cookies – these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
What you can do to manage cookies
1. Remember what is in your shopping basket.
2. Remember where you are in the order process.
3. Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
4. Track the pages that you visit. This gives us valuable information about how to improve the pages and content on the EEMUA Website.
5. Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook.
Please be assured that EEMUA will never share any of your personal information with third parties.